What is ISO 27001?
ISO 27001 is a structured set of guidelines and specifications for assisting organizations in developing their own information security framework. The standard relates to all information assets in an organization regardless of the media on which it is stored, or where it is located.
ISO/IEC 27001 is the only auditable international standard which defines the requirements for an Information Security Management System (ISMS). The standard is designed to ensure the selection of adequate and proportionate security controls based on the risks the organization is exposed to.
This helps implementing organizations to protect your information assets by eliminating vulnerabilities. It gives confidence to any interested parties, especially your customers. It is great tool for the identification of and compliance with applicable regulations. The ISO standard 27001 brings consistency in the entire organization’s approach to information security making it highly manageable, whatever be the scale of operations.
The standard adopts a process approach for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining, and improving the ISMS. The standard assists organizations in developing their own information security framework. IQCPL is one of the leading certifying bodies for ISO 27001 certification.
ISO 27001 has 14 domain areas, 35 control objectives and 114 controls in all. The security controls represent information security best practices and the standard suggests that these controls should be applied depending on the business requirements.
ISO 27001 suggests development and implementation of a structured Information Security Management System (ISMS), which governs the security implementation and monitoring in an enterprise. The standard is designed to serve as a single 'reference point for identifying the range of controls needed for most situations where information systems are used'.
Benefits of ISO 27001 Implementation:
- Brings your organization to compliance with legal, regulatory, and statutory requirements.
- Market differentiation due to positive influence on company prestige.
- Increases vendor status of your organization.
- Increase in overall organizational efficiency and operational performance.
- Minimizes internal and external risks to business continuity.
- ISO 27001 certification is recognized on a worldwide basis.
- Significantly limits security and privacy breaches.
- Provides a process for Information Security and Corporate Governance.
- Reduces operational risk while threats are assed and vulnerabilities are mitigated.
- Provides your organization with continuous protection that allows for a flexible, effective, and defensible approach to security and privacy.
ISO27001 services helps organizations build an effective Information Security Management System (ISMS) through a set of inter related services. Our auditing team comprising of Subject Matter Experts have the knowledge and skills to certify ISMS as per the standard requirements.